△Potluck Party 一种聚餐方式,主人准备场地和餐具,叁加的人必须带一道菜准备饮料,最好事先问问主人的意思。
△Pull over!把车子开到旁边。
△Drop me a line!写封信给我。
△Give me a ring. = Call me!来个电话吧!
△For here or to go?食堂或外卖。
△cool; That's cool! 等于国内年轻人常用的囗语酷!,表示不赖嘛!用于人或事均可。
△What's up? = What's happening? = What's new? 见面时随囗问候的话最近在忙什么?有什么新鲜事吗?一般的回答是Nothing much! 或Nothing new!
△Cut it out! = Knock it out!= Stop it! 少来这一套!同学之间开玩笑的话。
△Don't give me a hard time! 别跟我过不去好不好!
△Get yourself together! 振作点行不行!
△Do you have "the" time? 现在几点钟?可别误以为人家要约你出去。
△Hang in there. = Don't give up. = Keep trying. 再撑一下。
△Give me a break ! 你饶了我吧!(开玩笑的话)
△Hang on. 请稍候。
△Blow it. = Screw up. 搞砸了。
△What a big hassle. 真是个麻烦事。
△What a crummy day. 多倒霉的一天。
△Go for it. 加油
△You bet. = Of course. 当然;看我的!
△Wishful thinking. 一厢情愿的想法。
△Don't be so fussy! 别那么挑剔好不好。
△It's a long story. 唉!说来话长。
△How have you been? = How are you doing? 你过得如何?近来可好?
△Take things for granted. 自以为理所当然。
△Don't put on airs. 别摆架子。
△Give me a lift! = Give me a ride! 送我一程吧!
△Have a crush on someone. 迷恋某人。
△What's the catch? 有什么内幕?
△Party animal. 开Party狂的人(喜欢叁加舞会的人)。
△Pain in the neck. =Pain in the ass.讨厌的东西、的人或事。
△Skeleton in the closet.家丑。
△Don't get on my nerve! 别把我惹毛了!
△Afar chance. =A poor chance. 机会很小。
△I am racking my brains. 我正在绞尽脑汁。
△She's a real drag. 她真有点碍手碍脚。
△Spacing out.=daydreaming. 做白日梦。
△I am so fed up. 我受够了!
△It doesn't go with your dress. 跟你的衣服不配。
△What's the point? = What are you trying to say? 你的重点是什么?
△By all means.=Definitely. 一定是。
△Let's get a bite. = Let's go eat. 去吃点东西吧!
△I'll buy you a lunch (a drink; a dinner). = It's on me. =My treat. 我请客。
△Let's go Dutch. 各付各的。
△My stomach is upset. 我的胃不舒服。
△diarrhea [dai r'i ] 拉肚子。
△吃牛排时,waiter 会问 "How would you like it ?" 就是问要几分熟?的意思,可以选择 rare,medium 或 well-done。
△I am under the weather. =I am not feeling well. 我不太舒服!
△May I take a rain check? 可不可改到下次?(例如有人请你吃饭,你未能赴约,只好请他改到下一次。)
△I am not myself today. 我今天什么都不对劲!
△Let's get it straight. 咱们把事情弄清楚!
△What's the rush! 急什么!
△Such a fruitcake! 神经病!
△I'll swing by later. =I'll stop by later. 待会儿,我会来转一下。
△I got the tip straight from the horse's mouth. 这个消息是千真万确的(tip指消息)!
△easy as pie = very easy = piece of cake 很容易。
△flunk out 被当掉。
△take French leave 不告而别。
△I don't get the picture. =I don't understand. 我不明白。
△You should give him a piece of your mind. 你应该向他表达你的不满。
△hit the road = take off = get on one's way 离开。
△Now he is in the driver's seat =He is in control now.
△Keep a low profile (or low key). 采取低姿态。
△Kinky =bizarre =wacky =weird 古怪的。
△klutz (=clutz) =idiot 白痴、的笨蛋。
△know one's way around 识途老马。
△lion's share 大部份。
△tailgate 尾随(尤其跟车跟得太近)。
△take a back seat. 让步。
△take a hike =leave me alone =get lost 滚开。
△hit the hay =go to bed 睡觉。
△Can you give me a lift? =Can you give me a ride? 载我一程好吗?
△green hand 生手、的没有经验的人。
△moonshine = mountain dew 指私酿的烈酒(威士忌)或走私的酒。胡说八道也可用moonshine。His story is plain moonshine.
△chill out =calm down =relax(来自黑人英语)
△rip off =steal; I was ripped off.我被偷了;rip off 也常被用为剥夺My right was ripped off. 权利被剥夺(来自黑人英语)。
△我们称美国大兵为G.I. (Government Issue) or GI Joe, 德国兵或德国佬为Fritz or Kraut,称英国佬为John Bull,日本人为Jap.或Nip,犹太人为Jew都是很不礼貌的称呼。
△mess around (with)瞎混;Get to work. Don't mess around.赶快工作,别瞎搅和。
△snob 势利眼。
△sneak in, sneak out 偷偷溜进去,溜出来。sneakers 运动鞋。
△She is such a brown-noser. 她是个马屁精。
△This is in way over my head. 对我而言这实在太难了。
△I am an exam jitter and I always get a cramp in my stomach. 我是个考试紧张大师,一考试胃就抽筋。
△Keep your study (work) on track. 请按进度读书(工作)。
△Did you come up with any ideas? 有没有想到什么新的意见?
△Don't get uptight !Take it easy. 别紧张,慢慢来!
△Cheese ! It tastes like cardboard. Cheese吃起来味如嚼腊!
△Get one's feet wet. 与中文里的涉足或下海,寓意相同,表示初尝某事。I am going to try dancing for the very first time. Just to get my feet wet.
新疆中旅国际旅行社有限公司版权所有 许可证号:L-XB-100013 ICP备案号: 新ICP备19001292号-4
地址:新疆乌鲁木齐市沙依巴克区伊宁路89号新丰大厦A座7楼 监督电话:15609915557 E-mail:tour@xjlxw.com